Monday, June 23, 2008

WASATCH BACK RELY

So.....my first 5K was actually just a warm up run for my BIG race. I don't know how many of you have heard of this crazy race. A team of 12 people run a rely from Logan to Park City. Crazy people huh. So I decided to challenge myself and I'm so amazed that I'm still alive. My runs consisted of 5 and 1/2 miles then 8 hours later 5 miles then another 7 hours later 5 miles again!!! Oh man....I had no idea what I signed up for.


Here I come with my first big run and Boy oh Boy was it HOT!!!


ROB was always there for you to give you water. About every mile you could have your team pull over the van and give you water and lots and lots of encouragment!!

There I go.....hoping that the end is in sight. Hoping I can last til the end. Hoping I don't pass out. I made it!!! And I only have pictures of my first run because my camera battery died. Oh well, I was looking really cute as you can tell by the next picture.


Here we are as dead as ever!! What great team work though. I think I'm even crazy enough to say I would do it again:) 6 out of the 12 of us are family. My 3 cousins and my aunt and uncle. Uncle Rob is the one that put it together last year and it was a blast!!!! I could give you lots more details but.......I think I need to go and take a naP.




15 comments:

carrie said...

That is AWESOME Nicole, way to go! I don't think I could even run one mile right now. Good for you!

The Miner's said...

You look fabulous! Did the dry fit (or whatever it's called) shirt help?
I don't think you are crazy to do it again. It can only get easier with experience right.

Missy said...

You go, girl!! I still can't believe you did it! Good job!

bmann said...

Looks like you had fun! I for sure would have passed out after the first 5 miles or maybe even the first mile. Did you dare try any Gu? haha :)

Diane

Martha said...

Hey I am so excited that you ran! I want to run now! I recognize Jared's older brother and Katie! How fun!

Becki said...

Yeah! Congrats Nicole! That sounds like so much fun. I'm very proud of you. Did you say you were signed up for a half marathon too? The Provo? If so, you'll love it. :) Miss you!

Linsay and Jake said...

Great job sis! You are amazing! You didn't just do a small race, you did something that most people would think was crazy. I don't think I could do it. I'm very proud of you!! You go girl!

The Watson's said...

WOW! Way to go NICOLE!

Kalun and Kristi said...

After all the harassment we have finally started a blog, it's still under construction but check it out

Kim said...

Go Nicole! You're so awesome. Cory and I have been training for a half marathon at Bryce canyon this July and I can't believe that I ever signed up to run over 13 miles! I hope I make it. You inspired me though, I think I can do it now :)

The Nielsen Family said...

Way to go Nicole!!!! That race literally does sound crazy. I think it is so awesome that so much of the Nielsen family gets involved. You looked great. Also, I am LOVING the long hair in your camping pictures from the post below. Wowee Nicole looking HOT!!!

Brooke said...

Good job Nicole! Hey is Jake your cousin because I knew him at Utah State!

Adventures in Healing said...

Girl... you are NUTS!
BTW- we are going to be up there the whole last week of July (20th-27th)

Unknown said...

Nicole! I'm so proud of you and so jealous! I just started running and want a 5k to be my first goal...maybe some day I'll work up to do this, too. Way to go, girl!

Shana said...

WAY TO GO NICOLE!... GO, GO!! OH ya!! LOVE YOU!