Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I just wanted to talk a little bit about my girls. I am so thankful for them in my life and they have given me the blessing of being their mother. Which is something I have always wanted. When I was in Kindergarden I wanted to be a mom when I grew up. I cried with joy the day I found out about both of my pregnancies. My Brooklyn is a sweetheart! She tries so hard to be a good girl. She is sensitive and loving. She has always tried to please me and make me happy. She is also very smart and a fast learner. In preschool this year she will get frustrated if she can't do it right the first time:) Her favorite thing is animals!! She used to have a favorite, now it is all of them! She is obsessed with stuffed animals, not dolls. Also she has been chewing gum since she was about 2 years old. I know that is crazy! It is her favorite thing. She eats it EVERYDAY. And always throws it in the garbage (Thank goodness). She LOVES, LOVES, water. Swimming in a pool or just getting in the tub. She isn't shy and loves to play with friends. Brooklyn is also a performer. She is in dance and always wants to talk in the microphone on Sundays. We try to explain testimonies are only once a month:) We do have a Karaoke machine that she LOVES. My favorite thing Brooklyn does, at least right now, is she tells Aubrey "hugs" and they give eachother a big hug! I love you Brooklyn. Thank you for bringing me SO much joy!
Aubrey is so happy all the time. She has been laughing since she was 3 months old. I didn't know they could do that. What a joy she is! My favorite thing is her sparkle in her eyes. Since she was a little girl I would always say," look at her eyes, they are smiling:) " She loves the baby dolls and used to go into Brooklyn's room and collect all the babies because Brooklyn only played with animals. Now I think she has them all. She also likes to do hair like her mommy. It is really cute! She makes her daddy sit forward in his chair so she can do his hair too. She also puts all kinds of things in purses and strollers and she is on her way. Thats my girly girl! Her favorite person is her DADDY. Really, I didn't know daddy's girl was a real thing! She wakes up and says "daddy" and looks for pictures of him and sometimes she will carry pictures of him all day. She also has to sit on his lap no matter what he is doing. I LOVE how much she loves her dad. My husband just glows and feels so important:) I love the way she looks up to her sister. They can play so cute together! I love you Aubrey! Being a mother isn't easy but it is ALWAYS worth it.

2 comments:

Shana said...

Oh Nicole! I loved this post!! It is wonderful being a mother. It is something I am so grateful for as well! Children are amazing. Being a mother is the hardest job, the most stressful as well... But the most, very most FULFILLING!! You are a great mother and your children love you! Oh and not to mention, Jeff is a pretty cute dad too! :) You guys are the greatest!

Missy said...

Love the new look of your blog!! You're getting all fancy on me! You'll have to tell me how you did that!
Love the post! I'll have to do one sometime when I haven't yelled at them. that's so cute how Aubrey will carry around Jeff's picture. You have such good girls! Someday mine will play together as good as yours!